Codex: Imperial Guard is an expansion for Warhammer 40,000, published in 2003, and was developed for the 3rd edition of Warhammer 40,000.
This was the 3rd codex the Imperial Guard army received, and focused largely on the Cadian Shock Troops regiment, introducing a number of units as standard, including Conscript Infantry Platoons, which had previously only been available to the Cadians. The codex also saw the resurrection of several unit types that had been dropped from the previous codex, as an attempt to get closer to the original imagery of the army in the game; such units included Techpriest Enginseers, Priests and Sanctioned Psykers.
It also featured a much more complex structure for including units in an army than its predecessor, having platoons consisting of a number of squads, where other armies would only have a single unit.
The book has 64 pages and the cover is printed in color while the majority of the book remains in black and white, although there are usually several pages of colour images of miniatures.
- a complete army list for using a Imperial Guard army. Further special rules, equipment as well as a Doctrine System are included.
- background information and fiction
- An extract from First and Only, by Dan Abnett
- Origins and History of the Imperial Guard
- Organisation of the Imperial Guard
- The Cadian 8th - 'The Lord Castellan's Own'
- The Battle of Tyrok Fields
- Arms and Equipment of the Cadian 8th
- Imperial Guard Terms
- The Third War for Armaggedon
- Special characters; Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed and Colour Sergeant Jarran Kell, Commissar Yarrick, Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt, Colonel Schaeffer's Last Chancers
This copy is in Excellent condition. As always, our photos show he actual book you will receive.